Monday, December 21, 2009

well, my semester in new york is officially drawing to a close. i already cleaned out my studio completely, and now i've cleaned out my bedroom! it's sad, i'm going to miss this bedroom. and the M train. and bushwick. and new york. and all my new friends. and the jay street bar. and al and john from the studio. and my gorgeous well-lit studio. and all the fun we had in the studio. and PS1, my favorite new york museum. and all the good food. and hanging out with jordan on lazy nights. and getting free food from atlas. and the chelsea galleries. and central park. and DUMBO. and the guys at bridge fresh. i really could go on and on, and i better stop or else i'm going to tear up...

to rewind, thursday was our show. thanks to all who made it out! it was a wonderful time, a huge whirlwind. a good friend from home and my dad were able to make the trek up from wisconsin, so that was wonderful. i can't even really describe the show- it was a blur. it was a huge honor to have william powhida come out, and nice to talk to him again. i was also so flattered by the kind comments and praise i got on my work- and i'm looking forward to future opportunities! i didn't really take many pictures- but here's a few that other people took, as well as a few crappy cellphone pics by moi.

a photo of jasmine valentina's video installation (photo by hannah doerkson)
jordan checking out hannah's work (doerkson photo)
a photo of the big room with all the big paintings (hannah doerkson photo)
morgan ritter and i standing in front of centa peterson's painting (photo by hannah doerkson)
hannah looking overwhelmed haha
william powhida talking to our TA, meghann snow
like i said, you can see my work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment