Tuesday, December 8, 2009



Originally uploaded by thefacelesskid
it's been a long time since i've really posted. now i've only got two weeks yet and once again, i feel myself dragging my heels into the next bout of change. this semester has been... really indescribable.
the chance to be able to experiment wholeheartedly with my work has been a huge gift. the chance to "fail flamboyantly", as dominique nahas told us at the beginning of the semester. i've gotten to know my work so much better, as well as be able to trust the decisions i make. i don't feel like i need to question the things i'm doing as often, at least, not in a negative way. i feel more confident, brave, calm, and happier. i am so grateful for the new amazing friends i've made, for my newfound ability to navigate the new york subways, and the incredible opportunities i've had. i'm thankful for all the support my family has given me even though times are tough, for the friends and family who have visited (and will still be visiting!), and the professors from corcoran who helped me to get here, and the amazing faculty at the new york studio program. i'm appreciative of the more difficult parts of this experience, and how they helped me grow.

i already know i'm going to miss living in new york. i'm already starting to think about moving back, which does seem to be a trend with some nysp students. despite how bittersweet it feels for the semester to be ending, i'm still really excited for upcoming opportunities.

like i said, things are bittersweet, but still really, really good.

my friend took a few photos of my room, i wanted to share them. they seem to fit how i'm feeling lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment